This easy-to-use service is free and available 24/7. You can enjoy bestsellers and classic audiobooks, e-books and music on your PC or MAC and transfer them to an e-reader, iPod, MP3 player, or directly to your iPhone, smart phone, or tablet without any late fines.
This service is powered by Overdrive and is made available through a statewide online consortia of libraries called Camellia Net (http://camellia.lib.overdrive.com).
Library books for Kindle, Nook, iPad, and more!
Camellia Net Contains:
- Audiobooks – WMA and MP3 format
- E-books – pdf and e-pub format
- Music – digital music files
What You Will Need:
- A Compatible Device.
- Overdrive Media Console for audio books, Adobe Digital Editions for e-books, and/or Overdrive Media Media Console App for tablets and protable devices (available via the App Store and Android Marketplace - free).
- Adobe ID
- Your valid Shelby County Library card in good standing
Windows System Requirements:
- Windows 98 SE (or newer)
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 6 (or newer)
- Windows Media® Player 9 Series (or newer)
For Transfer to Apple® Devices:
- iTunes v9.1 (or newer)
- Windows XP (or newer)
For Transfer to Microsoft Zune® Devices:
What To Do: (see also step-by-step tutorials at top of this page)
- Make sure that you have a compatible device.
- Download needed software or app for free to your computer or mobile device
- Go to Camellia Net – on one of the ads on the home page, under E-resources (Leisure & Lifestyle), under Databases or click on Camellia Net icon at the top of the page (http://camellia.lib.overdrive.com )
- Click on My Account. Select Harrison Regional Library. Type in your library card number, and your password (same as your Polaris Catalog login – defaults to your four digit birth month and day [mmdd] unless you have changed it through our online catalog) If your account is expired or you owe over three dollars on your card, then you will not be allowed to download books until you resolve those issues at the library.
- Browse, select, and add titles to your chart for checkout and place holds on titles that are checked out to receive notice of their return
- Check out your titles. Limited to five per card at a time.
- Download to your computer then transfer to your compatible device and/or directly to your electronic device
Special Note to Windows 7 Users:
There is a required Windows Media Player Security Upgrade for the Overdrive Media Console to operate properly. In earlier verisons of Windows you can apply the Upgrade directly through the Media Console on the Tools Menu Bar. However, for Windows 7 this function doesn't work. You will need to download the upgrade through Microsoft at http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite. You must download through Internet Explorer browser. After you install this upgrade you should be set to download audiobooks.
Special Note to Mobile Users:
You must first download the free Overdrive App onto your mobile device. Once downloaded you must also sign up for an Adobe ID if you wish to read e-books. You can obtain one at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?nl=1&nf=1
When using the app you will only be able to see titles specific to your device. For example, iPhone users will only be able to see MP3 audio files. However, other files might be compatible with your device but you must transfer the files through the Overdrive Media Console on a computer and then sync your device to your computer to get the files. For instance, WMA files are compatible with apple products, but you must transfer through the Overdrive Media Console.
Special Note to Kindle Users:
Once you have checked out your selected titles click the "Get for Kindle" button which will take you out to Amazon's website. Amazon may prompt you to log on to your account. From their site you will be able to manage your library titles just as you would a purchased title. You will return and delete your borrowed titles from your Amazon account.
Special Note to Sony Reader Users:
You will need to download and install the Reader Library software onto your computer either via your device or Sony's website. This is the regular set up method for registering your reader. Once you've set up and registered your reader, log onto Camellia Net, select titles, check out and download. The download will prompt you to save or open with... - select open with Reader Library and your library title will be added to your library so that it may be transferred to your reader.
Questions, Comments, Problems, Suggestions???
Contact your local library or
Call (205)-669-3910 or email email@example.com
The laws of copyright protect the digital content ("Content") that is made available in this software and associated OverDrive services. Copyrights in the Content are held by their respective owners.
You may use the Content only for your personal, non-commercial use. The Content and any other copyrighted material may not be modified, copied, distributed, shared, displayed, emailed, transmitted, sold or otherwise transferred, conveyed or used, in a manner inconsistent with the Agreement, or rights of the copyright owner. You will not redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, sub-license or otherwise transfer the Content. You are not granted any synchronization, public performance, promotional use, commercial sale, resale, reproduction or distribution rights for the Content.